Question: Collagenous Colitis

My wife has been diagnosed with collagenous colitis and has difficulty finding information and especially its connection to arthritis. Do you deal with that form of colitis at all?



Community member


Collagenous colitis is associated with inflammatory arthritis (such as Rheumatoid arthritis). All gastroenterologists who treat patients with IBD will have experience treating collagenous colitis.

Thanks for letting us know it's difficult to find information about it. We will add it to our list of information to create for the site.


Dr. Brian Bressler


Get Answers from Doctors

Don’t waste time looking for answers online. Ask our doctors general questions you have about Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.

Ask a Question