Question: Diagnosing fistula for a Crohn's sufferer

Hi there, I'm wondering what is the current method of diagnosing whether a Crohn's sufferer has a fistula? I have done some reading online and seems for those with Crohn's it is a combination of MRI and colonoscopy. Is this correct and is this current practice here in B.C.? Thank you in advance.

- AY



Community member


MRI or a surgical examination (called an EUA) are the two methods used to diagnose a fistula.


Dr. Brian Bressler


Get Answers from Doctors

Don’t waste time looking for answers online. Ask our doctors general questions you have about Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.

Ask a Question